There’s just something about going into a work week knowing you’ve got lunch covered that makes you feel like you can accomplish anything. Oh, that deadline just moved up and you have to work through lunch for the rest of the week? No problem! You’ll kick that deadline’s ass AND stay healthy and satisfied while doing it. Next?
This salad is bursting with flavors and textures that will make you forget you’re even eating a salad. Crisp cucumber and juicy tomatoes, chewy quinoa and crunchy almonds, peppery arugula and creamy avocado…we could go on and on.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 Persian cucumber, diced
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 handful sliced almonds
- 5 cups arugula, divided
- 1 avocado, divided
- 2 tsp. dried dill
- 2 tbs. red wine vinegar
- 2½ tbs. olive oil
- s&p; to taste
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions.
- While quinoa is cooking, dice cucumbers and halve tomatoes.
- In a large bowl combine cucumbers, tomatoes, almonds, and garbanzo beans. Season with salt, pepper, and dill and stir to combine.
- Once made, add warm quinoa to bowl with cucumbers, tomatoes, and garbanzo beans. Adjust seasonings to taste and add red wine vinegar and olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Let sit at least 1 hour before eating, adding in 1 cup of arugula and some avocado to each serving.