Feel like a kid again as you devour these vegan, gluten-free rice crispy treats that are just as easy to make as they are to eat. But these are not your average rice crispy treat, oh no. What makes these extra special is our secret ingredient; cake batter extract!
- 2 tbs. Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- 2 tbs. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. cake batter extract*
- 1 bag (10 oz.) vegan marshmallows
- 3½ cups brown rice cereal
- 3 tbs. rainbow sprinkles, divided
- *Optional/found at most craft stores
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt Earth Balance and coconut oil.
- Add marshmallows and cake batter extract, stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and slowly stir in rice cereal and 2 tbs. sprinkles.
- Transfer mixture into a greased 8×8″ glass baking dish.
- Place in fridge 30 minutes, remove once set and top with more sprinkles.