You guys, I have to be honest here. Oh, this is Kim by the way. I (Kim) have always had a weird thing with eggs. I liked them, I didn’t like them. I would eat them as an omelet, but never as a frittata (pretty much the same exact thing). So, even though I’ve never actually eaten a frittata and can’t tell you this tastes exactly like one, I can tell you it’s freaking delicious.
B, whatcha think girl?
Oh hi! Brandi here. Coming from a girl who loves eggs, I’ve got to admit, I would probably pick this recipe over an egg recipe any day. It’s savory and so satisfying. I made it ahead of time this week & have enough for 3 days of breakfast. Anything that is quick, simple & delicious has my name ALL over it. Go make this & eat it. Seriously.
- 1 14 ounce package extra firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1½ cups broccolini
- 3 cups mushrooms
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add broccolini and garlic sauce. Cover and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor combine tofu, soy sauce, nutritional yeast and turmeric. Process until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Fold veggies into tofu mixture and transfer to a lightly oiled 9 inch round baking dish.
- Cut tomatoes into thick slices and arrange evenly on top of the frittata.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until firm in the center and slightly browned.
- Optional: Serve with a simple side salad.