Remember when we said we could eat falafel on pretty much anything? We weren’t lying, and what better way to eat it than on another one of our favorite foods?
Falafel. On a pizza. Does it get any better?
Recipe (serves 2)
- 2-4 falafel*
- 2 pieces flatbread
- 2 tbs. garlic sauce
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup Greek olives, divided
- Plant-based feta cheese**
*We adapted Brooklyn Vegetarian’s recipe. Or use pre-made.
**We used Miyoko’s Creamery Mt. Vesuvius Black Ash cheese.
- 16 oz plain Kite Hill yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded & diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- S&P to taste
- Prepare your falafel, set aside.
- Squeeze excess liquid from the cucumber, and place in a small bowl. Combine cucumber, yogurt, garlic, dill, lemon and salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°.
- Drizzle flat bread with olive oil and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the garlic spread, tomato, bell pepper, and red onion. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Top with olives, tzatziki, falafel and cheese.