Yep, you read that correctly. Pizza…for dessert! A few words to describe this simple dessert pizza; sweet, light, crispy, chewy, beautiful. The almond cream cheese and coconut milk combine to create a delicious plant-based mascarpone. Perfectly paired with the candied oranges, you won’t have any trouble putting this away, trust us.
Recipe (serves 4)
- 10 sheets whole wheat filo dough
- 2 cara cara oranges, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (solids only)
- 1 package Kite Hill cream cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachios
- 4 oz. dark chocolate
- Vanilla ice cream
- Bring water and sugar to a simmer in a large skillet, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cover the bottom of the skillet with the oranges in a single layer.
- Cook at a low simmer until the pith of the oranges is slightly translucent, turning occasionally. Remove from heat and allow orange slices to cool in syrup.
- In stand mixer combine coconut milk and cream cheese. Whip on high until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. On a large sheet pan, begin layering individual sheets of dough on top of one another, brushing with olive oil in between each sheet.
- Bake filo for 25 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Remove filo from oven, and allow to cool.
- Melt chocolate in a small bowl, set aside.
- Top filo with the cream cheese/coconut milk mixture, then layer the candied orange slices, drizzle with melted chocolate and top with pistachios.
- Serve with your favorite vanilla ice cream, top with left over orange simple syrup.